It’s official, I start my big move on the 17th of September.
I wanted to post this last week, but I never received my email confirmation of my flight. I didn’t want to go back and eat my words. As it turns out, it’s a good thing I had to call and figure out my flight information because my name was wrong in the system. I would have tried boarding with my ID with a different name on it and most likely been denied.
Here’s a brief itinerary for the first few days of my journey:
- Depart MKE @7:30, arrive DCA 10:26
- Find other Peace Corps Volunteers arriving at roughly the same time, take shuttle to Georgetown hotel together
- Register @12:00
- Hotel check-in @3:00
- Info session 2-430
- Break 430-5
- More info session 5-7
- Tear up Georgetown with fellow PCV
- Checkout of hotel @ 12
- Take shuttle to airport @1230
- Fly to Frankfurt @545
- Fly to Kyiv @950A Sept. 19
- Arrive Kyiv @1150A